a quilt for amelia joy

Katherine is one of my oldest (albeit, younger) friends, we've know one another since middle school.  I was privileged enough to be a bridesmaid on the day, four years ago, when she married Christopher.   The memory of waiting with Katherine before she walked down the isle is one I cherish.  The church was dark as the images of her and Christopher's growing up flickered on-screen for their wedding guests.  There were so many wonderful moments and now they have so many more that have been shared with their daughter.  

Chris and Kat welcomed their Amelia Joy on the 22nd of May, 2013.  The quilt I made for Amelia was my first baby quilt to ever be completed before the baby arrived.  I actually gave it to Katherine at Amelia's shower.  [It's somewhat of a pity it took my over a year to share it.]

 The darker red stripes are a very sentimental fabric to me.  I purchased it in a fabric shop in Barcelona, Spain, back in 2008.  It's a flannel and I have always loved it and intended to use it in a baby quilt.  



 The fabric with text is an old sugar sack.

 The red, green, and peachy floral peaking through the corner of this frame was purchased during my first trip to France in 2007.  It was screen-printed by hand at Les Olivades.



After Amelia was born I went to meet her and stitched her name onto the quilt.

She was and is so sweet and precious.

Congratulations to Katherine and Christopher.  It has been wonderful to witness all the joy and love Amelia brings to your family.  I so look forward to catching up with her some day soon!

xxxHappy Anniversary you two!xxx

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary you two! Love that quilt. And that cutie, Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look how tiny she is there! Obviously I'm a bit biased, but this is probably your best quilt ever. We have loved every bit of it. You'll have to send me the stories behind all the scraps you used so I can write it down in her baby book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment